Sparklight has established specific electronic mail (email) rules to protect customers from misuse of email. Read the FAQs below to learn more about general email usage guidance.
What requirements apply to email?
Email service may not be used to or distribute email or other forms of communications in violation of the "Prohibited Uses and Activities" listed in the Acceptable Use Policy.
Email usage guidance includes, but is not limited to:
- bulk mailing of commercial advertising, informational announcements, charity requests, petitions for signatures and political or religious messages unless the party who is receiving has explicitly requested them
- sending messages to any individual who has indicated that he/she does not wish to receive messages from you
- collecting responses from unsolicited email sent from accounts on other Internet hosts or email services which violates this Policy or the acceptable use policy of any other Internet service provider
- unsolicited email may not direct the recipient to any web site or other resource which uses the Services
- username or email address that, in the sole judgment of Sparklight, is pornographic, patently offensive, or misleading
- reference the Sparklight network (e.g., by including "Organization: Sparklight " in the header or by listing an IP address that belongs to the Sparklight network) in any unsolicited email even if that email is not sent through the Sparklight network.
Other Email Provisions
- If Sparklight believes, in its sole discretion, that any subscriber name, account name, or email address (collectively, an "identifier") on the Service may be used for, or is being used for, any misleading, fraudulent, or other improper or illegal purpose, Sparklight:
- reserves the right to block access to and prevent the use of any of these identifiers, and
- may at any time require any customer to change his or her identifier.
- Sparklight may at any time reserve any identifiers on the Service for Sparklight's own purposes.
- Sparklight is not responsible for the forwarding of email sent to any account which has been suspended or terminated. Such email will be returned to sender, ignored, deleted, or stored temporarily at Sparklight's sole discretion.
- Sparklight is not responsible for deleting or forwarding any email sent to the wrong email address by you or by someone else trying to send email to you.
- Sparklight may suspend or delete a Sparklight email address after three (3) months of inactivity or other evidence of non-use.