- Email Preferences
Your default user preferences are configured when your account is created. These preferences define how your Mail features work. You can change these settings from the Preferences Tab. Basic email preferences can be set from the ‘General’ and ‘Mail’ preferences sections found on the left-hand side of the ‘Preferences’ tab, as shown below. Once you have logged in to your email HERE, follow the instructions below to manage email settings for the Ajax-enriched version of Sparklight’s webmail platform.
NOTE: To obtain instructions for settings in the standard HTML version of Sparklight’s webmail platform, click on the ‘Help’ menu option in the upper-right hand corner of the webmail page. See the screenshot below.
TIP: If you are using the Sparklight Webmail Standard Version, you will see a notice in a light-blue box in the middle of your screen. See the screenshot below.
Accessing Your Email Preferences
From the ‘Preferences’ Tab, click on the ‘General’ listing in the left-hand column. Three configuration sections will be displayed:
- Sign-In Preferences
- Below are descriptions of the options available.
- Standard (HTML) – if your browser is having difficulty in rendering Sparklight’s webmail platform, try changing the Default Client to ‘Standard (HTML)’. This is also a good option to choose for visually-limited or impaired users.
- Cable One – a smaller font option
- Cable One Large Font – a larger font option
- You may choose one default language from 27 available languages. The default language is US-based English.
- The default is Left to Right for US-based English.
- Four options are available: Standard, Modern, Classic and Wide. Most browsers interpret Standard, Modern, and Classic the same with a default sans font included with your browser. The wide option will make all text bolded.
- You can change the time zone you are working within. This can be useful if you access your email from various locations in different time zones throughout the year.
- Search Preferences
- You have the option to change how searching is done within the Sparklight webmail platform. Simply check or uncheck where a search is performed: in the Spam folder, in the Trash folder or in the Shared Items folder. You may also choose to show the advanced search language option.
- Other Preferences
- Various additional options can also be configured to your preferences.
- Confirm Message Sent: Check this box to confirm messages are successfully sent.
- Settings: Check this box to include a selection checkbox on all items in lists.
- Print Font Size: The options are 8pt to 48pt. The standard print size is usually from 8pt to 12pt. Sizes larger than 12pt are typically not used and will require more paper.
- Email Addresses: Checking this box will use names in place of email addresses when emails are displayed. This can be handy when the emails are cryptic or seemingly unrelated to the name of the sender.