Your Sparklight Wall-to-Wall WiFi eero network is easy to setup.
What’s in the Box:
- Your new eero device(s)
- Ethernet cable
- Power cord(s)
What you’ll need:
- A mobile device such as a smart phone or tablet
- Mobile device with a data connection
- Minimum iOS version 14.0 or minimum Android OS version 7.0
- The eero App
- eero iOS app or Android app
- eero device(s)
- At least one 1st or 2nd-generation eero, an eero 6, or an eero Pro 6 device. Note the beacon and eero 6 extender cannot be used to start a network but can be added to an existing network.
- An active Internet connection
- Sparklight Internet service provided to your home
- An appropriate and supported cable modem
- You can rent a modem from Sparklight or buy your own. See our list of supported modems.
Get Ready Ahead of Setup:
- Ensure your mobile device, such as a smart phone, is using a data connection, not your home internet connection. To do this, turn off WiFi on your device.
- Know your Amazon account login
- Decide on your selected network (aka SSID) name and password choice
- Decide where to place your eero
- If you already have a WiFi router, disconnect all smart devices from your current home WiFi network.
- If you have a modem/WiFi router combo, place it in bridge mode.
STEP 1: Download the eero app for iOS or Android:
Install the free eero app on your mobile device such as a smart phone or tablet – you will find the eero app on the Apple App Store or Google Play.
NOTE: You will not be able to set up your system on a web browser.
STEP 2: Create an eero account or log in with your Amazon Account
To begin setting up your new eero network, you will need to get Logged In. You can either Log In using your Amazon Account information, or you can make an eero account. You will need to enter your phone number and email address. By default, we’ll send a verification code to your phone number. Enter this code on the verification screen of the app to create your account.
STEP 3: Get your equipment ready and powered on
Your Gateway is the primary eero device, needed to establish your network. The eero app will guide you through setting up your Gateway eero in three easy steps:
- First, unplug your modem and if needed, your old WiFi router from power. If you have other wireless equipment connected to your modem, please unplug it as well.
- Connect your Gateway eero device to your modem using the Ethernet cable that came in the box. You can use either of the Ethernet ports on the back of your eero.
- Plug your Gateway eero device into an available power outlet, then reconnect your modem to power. Your eero device’s status light will start flashing white.
STEP 4: Create your eero network
Now that you’ve got your modem and Gateway eero plugged in, it’s time to create your eero network.
After tapping Next, the eero app will begin to look for your new Gateway eero device. You will notice that your Gateway eero's LED will begin to flash and then turn solid once found. Once your eero has been detected, you will be prompted to select a location for your eero (this is how you will identify each eero on your network).
- If prompted, you may need to enter your eero’s serial number, which is located on a sticker attached to the bottom of your eero. Just look for a barcode with the letters SN on it – it’s small, but it’s there.
Once you've selected a location for your eero, you will enter your network name (SSID) and network password. This is how devices will join your network.
- If you’re replacing an existing router, an easy option for choosing a network name (SSID) and password is to simply reuse your current SSID and password. This way, you won’t have to reconnect devices that were previously on the network.
- Keep in mind that running two networks with the same SSID can be problematic. If you have a modem/router combo device, as mentioned above, we strongly encourage you to enable Bridge Mode on the modem/router so that your devices do not accidentally join the wrong network.
Tap Next and your eero network will complete setup!
You can extend your Sparklight Wall-to-Wall WiFi reach by adding more eero devices to your home WiFi network.
Step 5: Connect devices to your eero network
Connect your devices, such as computers, Smart TVs, gaming consoles, smart phones, thermostats, etc., to your new eero network. To do this, simply find your eero network on your device, enter the network password that you’ve created, and get connected. If you’re using the same network name (SSID) and password as your previous router, your devices should automatically reconnect. However, you may need to toggle WiFi on these devices or power cycle for them to recognize the new eero network.
If you experience any trouble connecting specific devices to your new eero network, try disconnecting and reconnecting WiFi on the device. If that doesn’t work, try rebooting the device and then reconnecting to the network once it powers back on.
Download the eero How To Guide.
Download the eero Reset Guide.