Parental Control Setup
Parental Control makes it easy to restrict television programs from children at your discretion. You can set a lock to restrict viewing by ratings, such as R or PG-13, or by the program title. You can also completely lock certain channels.
To restrict by rating or program title:
- Go to the Main Menu and highlight the ‘Parental Controls’ bar and press ‘OK.’
- Enter your 4-digit Parental Control code. If you have not set your code, you will be prompted to do so.
- Use the up or down arrow on your remote to highlight either ‘Channel’ or ‘Rating’ and press the ‘OK’ button.
- Press the left or right arrow on your remote until the desired rating or channel appears, then press the ‘Lock’ button.
To restrict specific programs or movie titles:
- To lock a specific program or movie title, use the up or down arrow on your remote to locate and highlight a program, and then press the ‘Lock’ button. You can remove a lock by pressing the ‘Lock’ button again. To view a locked program, enter your 4‑digit Parental Control code.
You can also temporarily remove all locks. Go to the Main Menu, select ‘Parental Controls,’ then ‘Master Locks.’ Select ‘Yes,’ and you will see two choices:
- ‘Bypass Locks’ allows you to maneuver around all the programs as though there were no Parental Locks selected. Then once the digital receiver is turned off, the locks go back on.
- ‘Remove All Locks’ completely removes all the locks that were selected.
You can also watch this short video tutorial to help you set up Parental Controls: