As of July 14, 2022, Sparklight no longer offers residential email service. As a result, email accounts previously provided by Sparklight (firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com) are no longer available.
Premium email services (such as Gmail and Mail.com), are available at no cost and offer an array of functionalities, including the ability to create multiple email addresses, abundant storage space, and a wide variety of tools. Additionally, these services are portable, meaning you can keep your email address should you ever move out of Sparklight’s service area. To create an email account with one of these free providers, visit:
- Gmail: https://www.google.com/gmail
- Mail: https://www.mail.com/mail/
FURTHER REQUIRED ACTION:
- If your Sparklight email address is your contact email for your Sparklight services, please update your account with your new email address, in your online customer portal.
- If you use your Sparklight email address to log in to Sparklight services such as Sparklight TV or TV Everywhere, please update your login information with your new email address.
- If you’re using your Sparklight email address as a username or contact for any of your online billing accounts or social media accounts, we suggest you update those accounts with your new email address as soon as possible.
Sparklight Email Retirement FAQs
- Why have you discontinued Sparklight customer email?
Many of our customers have expressed the need for a more robust email offering than what Sparklight currently provides. Because of this, the number of customers using our email has steadily declined over the past several years and as a result, we discontinued email service.
- Does this mean you’re no longer offering internet service?
- Sparklight continues to offer internet service. We have simply retired our email offering, as the number of customers using Sparklight email has steadily declined over the past several years due to the rise in the use of premium email services such as Gmail and Mail.com.
- When will discontinuation of Sparklight email take place?
As of July 14, 2022, Sparklight no longer offers residential email service.
- How was this change communicated?
Customers received 60 days’ notice before email service was discontinued in their area to allow enough time for a successful transition. During the 60-day window, multiple follow-up notices were sent via email along with reminders with helpful instructions on how to download existing emails and contacts; how to set up a new email account; and how to upload emails to your new email account. Our goal was to make this process as easy and seamless as possible.
- Can you recommend other email providers?
Alternative email providers include Gmail, Mail.com, Outlook and Yahoo.
- Gmail: (google.com/gmail):
- Mail.com: (Mail.com):
- First Steps to set up Customized Email
- Mail.com Migration Services
- Outlook: (outlook.com):
- Yahoo: (https://mail.yahoo.com/)
- What are the benefits of other email providers?
- Premium email services (Gmail and Mail.com), are available at no cost and offer a vast array of functionality, including the ability to create multiple email addresses, abundant storage space, and a wide variety of email management tools. Additionally, these services are portable, meaning you can keep your email address should you ever move out of Sparklight’s service area.