We understand that not everyone likes to receive promotional emails or text messages from us. As a valued customer, you have the option to sign up for appointments, outages, and billing notifications via email or text message. We make it easy to modify your communication preferences - just follow the steps below to update your text message preferences.
Manage Text Message Preferences
There are three types of text messages you can receive:
- Appointments: Sparklight will send text messages for appointment and maintenance reminders from 28607 to users when your appointments have updates.
- Outages: Sparklight will send text message notifications every two hours from 79389 when there is an outage in your area. Please note that outage text messages will not be sent between the hours of 9 p.m. and 6 a.m. so as not to disturb our customers during the late evening and morning hours.
Note: Sparklight will only send service-related outage notifications to customers once we’ve verified the customer’s service address is impacted. If you are experiencing a service disruption and did not receive a text message, you can contact our 24/7 Technical Care Team at 877-692-2253 for information on the outage.
- Billing: Sparklight will send text notifications from 79389 when your invoice is available, past due, and when a payment has been made.
To opt-in or opt-out of text message alerts, follow the steps below.
- Log in to your online account here: customer.sparklight.com. If you have multiple profiles, please use the one with the Primary Account (Head of Household) role to setup alerts.
- After signing in, click the down arrow next to your account name in the top right of the page and click ‘Profile Settings.'
- Next, scroll down to the 'Text Message Notifications' section and click the pencil/edit icon.
- On the next screen, enter the phone number you wish to receive the text messages to, and then based on your preferences, select Opt-in or Opt-out next to the type of notification. Click 'Save' once you make your text message selections.
Your new selections will now be shown on your profile setting page.
Message and data rates may apply. If at any time you wish to opt-out of text message alerts, simply respond to the text message with the word "STOP". You can also unsubscribe within your online account using the instructions outlined above.
Learn more about Email Notifications.